Last plight (I think) of my Red Tiger Lotus (Nymphaea zenkeri)

• I ordered some plants over a year ago (AquaticPlants.com), and they included a lotus bulb as a freebie. For several months it did nothing, perhaps because it was kept being rolled about by fish and current in the tank. Eventually it became somewhat anchored and developed some underwater leaves. Later it began to produce many larger and floating leaves, but at the same time the bulb itself was deteriorating possibly in part because the bushynose plecos like to chew on it.
    With the bulb almost gone now, this plant has decided to bloom, rather spectacularly. I believe this may be its last gasp, but it decided to go into demise with a big 'splash'. Hopefully it will actually survive? Photos with the bulb and flower were taken 3 days apart. Clearly it has grown too large for its standard 125g tank, and it wants to continue to grow outside the tank. I cannot leave the tank open because of (very) jumpy Hemiodus fish.
    Photos - 1) aspect of tank with underwater leaves (barely visible, left corner, reddish leaves among other plants towards the bottom), 2) emerging bulb (water level down during water change), 3) flower in full splendor, 4) flower today with lid closed. Cheers!

• Hallo Francisco.

Gratulation zu dieser sehr schönen Pflanze. Ich hoffe natürlich für dich, dass dies nicht das finale Feuerwerk ist.

Hello Francisco.

Congratulations on this very beautiful plant. Of course I hope for you that this is not the final fireworks display.

Grüße Bernd!

"Es ist eine gefährliche Sache, aus deiner Haustür hinaus zu gehen. Du betrittst die Straße, und wenn du nicht auf deine Füße aufpasst, kann man nicht wissen wohin sie dich tragen."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, Der Herr der Ringe)

Benders Badewanne Benders Kellerregal

Für neuen Bildschirm bitte genau hier (X) bohren.